Monday 6 August 2012

Tuesday morning tune-up

My next job on the roadster after some finish welding on the frame, is to change the front axle back to hairpins rather than split radius rods. I managed to buy a few sets of 36 radius rods on the last trip, so will keep them to go with my 3 sets of front radius rods.....think the roadster will look better with the hairpin/ladder bar set-up.
Also on the lookout for an old Street Rodder magazine where Frank Oddo did a story on adapting the Jeep shifter to a Toploader trans, need to get that squared away soon.
The engine for the roadster is built, but time will tell how it runs with todays fuel. I built an 11:1 350 four bolt, with late model Fuellie heads, an RPM Performer, and have a 750 Holley Double Pumper and Vertex Magneto to top her off. I did find a real early Edelbrock TRI-Y tunnel ram on the last trip, so it might even get that for a real nostalgia look.
The new changes to the street rod rego here in Queensland also has me thinking about using a BB Chev at a later date. I have made room for it to fit, and now that you can legally run them with full rego is a bonus .(just need to pass the brake test requirements).
The rear end has to go back to Aussie Diffs at Currumbin to check it for straightness before re-assembly. It is 31 spline, with a 3.5 LSD centre, and uses standard XA style drums. Just have to weld on a bracket to hold the cycle fenders first.
This thing will be loud no doubt....in my attempt to use as many parts as I have lying around, there are a pair of home made mufflers that Warren Wilkie did for my red roadster....should just fit them in along with a 2 1/2" pipe off the headers..(which were off Warrens old coupe from the 80s)
Anyway...Tuesday tends to be run-around day.....we have a family dinner Tue nights, also, it's Ten Pin Bowling day, so I use Tuesdays as a catch-up/organise/blog/shop day.
I used to also give blood plasma every 2nd Tuesday afternoon, but my pulse rate is way too high these days, so can't help there anymore. I do my community deal now with the SES, with meetings every 2nd Wednesday, and Anita volunteers at the Salvos now every Thursday...she's a checkout chic there!!
This week, 36 years ago, I married Anita.....still in love...Awww!.....my soulmate!
Need rescueing??....I'll be there...look have safe little Ryan seems!!
Did I mention I got my big ass solar system up and running...that should help keep up with the welder.....I just checked it....I've used almost no electricity so far, so looks like the $14000 investment might just pay for itself eventually..(when i'm 98 probably)
Ah! Tasmans and Gates Renegades...an early 70s shot of the ol road duster!


.......Well.......That's it until next Tuesday Tuneup.....see Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment