Saturday 25 August 2012

Sundays "pour passer le temps"

Well, my container finally got here, but the Quarantine Department has a new system where they have to look first to tell if there is anything dirty and needing washing...in my best Yamba voice, I said......."Hello....old cars and parts...I can see the dirt.....so of course they do"..........How come we have to pay once for them to come say this, and pay again when the re-inspect....and they had to send two AQIS officers!! ............Now, when I become Boss of Australia...things will be done differently!!
Anyway, all will be cleaned and passed (hopefully) by Aug 27.....looks like I've cornered the market on '36 radius rods..........probably start putting pieces on E buy next week, once I decide what I need to sell off.....Worked out that this 23 day trip to USA cost me $39,600, so need to start selling off all the bits I gathered up.

The biggest expence was this extremely straight 1929 Ford Coupe, it started up and drove out of the container....I paid a premium price for it, hence the $21,500 resale price...but it is soo nice, I want to keep it, I've even put the project deuce roadster on the market....one has to go, can't afford them both, I do have a plan, but it involves sponsorship from Golden Casket or Keno to keep them both!!
The 30 model sedan in the background is up for sale at $13,000, and I also will decide which of the Chrysler Hemis I will sell, looks like I have a 1955-331, a 1956-354, and a 1957-392, but will decode them properly when they are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment