Saturday 18 August 2012

Sunday Supererogated Soiree

Another friend passed away this week, (R.I.P. Doug Woolard), which made me think about "Hatches-Matches-Dispatches", .....and are we looking after ourselves and all the people around us that makes the world tick.....(Doug was Godfather to my son Chris....both in the same hospital two weeks ago, Chris for the birth of his son, and Doug was fighting for life!)....so I thought about  the amount of conversations I have had in the last few years about life , and are we doing enough of what makes us happy, before we go knocking on the pearly gates!

The badly scanned photo above comes from a You Tube video by good friend Cailean James called "When I'm Sixty Five", and it shows what I personally like doing....just getting away from my love of hot rods for a while and exploring Australia and beyond.......If you haven't done a trip lately, you need to...time is catching us all!

The video clip shows my trip a couple of years back with my non-hot rod friends in our 4WDs, all the way to the top of Australia!....  For my US followers...Three days  of blacktop to Cairns, two weeks and 700 miles of semi-rough dirt to Cape York, the remote top of Australia, then another 2000 mile of blacktop and dirt to Darwin in the Northern Territory...............take 5 minutes to watch the clip.

www.youtube http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEsQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzgMRwgnhZ7o&ei=3Q0wUIOwApGUiQeHvoHIAw&usg=AFQjCNEaG22BGkRwTPYc31G2Z93vNmohng     

No comments:

Post a Comment