Sunday 10 May 2015

Last of the LSR..some pics I missed earlier..

 Les, Charlie n Doug, posing with Austin, Texas in the background..
 The travelling Dill-berries..
 Kilgores own....Randy has a fleet of hot rods...must ask him for the pics of all of them for the blog...he bought another while we were there..
 This is about as extreme as I like to see...got a video of it somewhere.........post it later
 prettiest of Henrys early cars...28/29 Fords..I love 'em..
 This pic of the family Burroughs fleet of Fords...just about need their own paddock!
 my next best bucket list cars I'd like to own....sadly, it will have to be as a Hot Wheels toy..
 Spinner for you, Malcolm...but I kinda like the car to the right..
 Scalloped Coupe....lots of these turning up at runs these days..
 eenie..meenie....Henry certainly had the flair for style..
 some of our Motel 6 friends....from all over the US
 and here's a few more....
 Doug "Brizio" has found a bargain...
 Charlie Burchett from www.geneshotrodparts.com had lots of parts to tempt you....all the way up to this 32K coupe..
 got me some 32 fenders from him...and some parts he hauled over from Knoxville Tn. for me..thanks again, Charlie ..
 aussies trying to explain what a "sheila" is, why we say "gidday", and what "Vegemite" actually tastes like...lol
 Texas twostep....my partying pair..
 another pic from the Thursday BBQ..
 more..
 more..
 more...
 more...(look at the sky..didn't think the next day would be brilliant sunshine)
 nice n simple..


 wot rust?...
 Charlie Falzon and Ryan Ford will love this..
 patina'd gasser
 old time race car..
 cackle..
 it was loud..have a video somewhere..

 the truck was just as cool!







 now...this is what I think of when someone mentions a rat rod...hey, I don't even like that term...don't know what to call them...they're not works in progress, as they are finished like this...anyway...I do like this look...just not channelled with a diesel and welded on artwork..
 the crowd was huge, the Travis County fairground was huge..lots of walking..
 that's the huge swap area behind...they also had the mini bike races in there...that was funny to watch..
 Lotza food, but the lines were long....some food actually ran out each day, so the crowd must have been good!
 nice wheel!
 nice car it's on..
 pickup overload in Texas..
 black casrs..black wheels..they were popular..
 here's that F series tow-rig..
 nice 3w...but I prefer the 5s..
 detailed perectly
 the back-lot..
 this was invite only parking..
 so lots of nice cars..
 coupe in the rear looks like an aussie, with the fenders..lol
 lots of glamour...lots of tattoos..
 some really nice mild to wild customs were there..
 for you, Doug...
 but I prefer mid 50s pickups..
 simple and sweet..
 different!
 old time hot rod had plenty of lookers..
 this thing cleaned your ears out a coupla times a day..
 lots of 50s/60s cars for sale...
 low F series..
 just about wore out and finished..
for sale corral had plenty..
That's it...I'm wore out as if I've done the rounds with Jordan...anyway..more later..

No comments:

Post a Comment