Friday 8 July 2016

a quick sat morning blog..

 If your reading this Sat morning, it's not too late to get down to Brunswick for this run...even the show on Sunday is good, but I have to stay home...lots of boring jobs to do around home...
  
and a quick reminder, my next coffee morning at Victoria Point is on Sunday, 17th July 
 Doug came home with a new toy, had to bring it around to show off his HD ute, but I was reminded it's about time a did another 'Cars and parts for sale" blog...so let me know by email at greg@comstar.com.au if their is anything you want me to list...
 Dougs 57 is still looking for a new home...
likewise, Kens Model A tub....
and, Malcolms Spinner convertible...
 and I have plenty to get rid off....when I get a bit more time...
 time is precious, as the jar is emptying pretty quick these days...time to slow down and appreciate what we have around us...spent the last week with our grandsons, and this week coming, I have organised to have a lunch for all my cousins, we only seem to catch up at funerals these days, so I suggested a mid-week lunch to swap stories, some of us haven't seen each other in years, because of distance, and life events in general...
and I haven't had time to do more on the Pirotta pics, Joe wants me to phone him, so he can explain who everyone is in the photis, as well as the era....should be good!
here's an early pic, before the crimson paint..
 while on grandparent duties, we went to Southbank, and I haven't been there in a long time..forgot how nice it is to visit, and how good is Brisbane weather in Winter....the new State Govt. building is impressive..
 had to jam myself in the free train shuttle....
 just nice strolling around the pathways....
 and...quite a few people were in swimmimg!!
 here's more of the new ute..




and speaking of Winter...ol' man Winter, a.k.a. Lonestar Les is back in Texas for 4 months, lots of hot rod events and projects on the go, but will be back in time for Yamba rodrun in November..no doubt, he will send me blog material from time to time..now...that's it..gotta go tidy the yard and workshop..

No comments:

Post a Comment