Sunday 24 July 2016

cant remember if I posted these...so here they are again..

 another steel five window recently changed hands, and is in the build ..can't get enough of these.
 here's another pic from the net...love my 5w 32s...
 here's one for sale, ready for the finishing touches..
 wish this was in my garage......
 stop it!....I want one...but can't afford to add another to my fleet..wonder if I can swap my deuce tub for one...nah!..just need to win the Lotto....
 how much fun would this day have been..
 and speaking of fun...the formerly reliable tudor, now in the naughty corner of the workshop, while some "issues" are dealt with...and instead of fixing it, I'm writing this blog for you!!..yes, YOU!
 and this is why i never get time in retirement...had to change out the single plane Offy intake for a dual plane Edelbrock on my sons hardtop...lots more bottom end grunt now, thanks to the fine tuning by brother-in-law Col....appreciate his help....(and stop gawking at the under shoulder boulder holders on the clothes line.)...
 and, got his advise on my problem...we think that the heat is killing the pump/fuel lines, it was so hot in traffic last Thursday, that you could not put your hands on the hood sides..mechanical fan might get changed for an electric, but some header wrap first...
 This event is coming up locally soon..should be big!
 I've been pestering Glenn about posting more pics of his 34 5w build, but this is as close as he will let me....anyway, just have to wait to see this flattie powered all steel car ..later this year, maybe.
 Dropped in to Steve Coades...he has been moving a lot of coupes lately..here's one that is still available..phone him on his cool mobile #..041 283 1956
 here's another that is arriving in the next week or two...he says, "the best yet"..
 Most of you know, that OzRods is clearing out of their hot rod products, as the business stays more to the build-up of cars...
 there are some bargains to be had here, but just be patient, as they have no sales staff full time on the sales side.....
 but, the products are there...allsitting on the shelves, awaiting sorting and selling...
 Vintique/Speedway Motors/Drake/and many more..
 I saw at least 3 of these Walker 33/34 Ford radiators....
 here's a deuce, just because...
this one's for you, Shane Snape
 coming up to 40 years ago, when about 65 of us got onto the PanAm jumbo, and headed to Tulsa in August '76.....
 I still have my shirt....
 Here's Col, Me, and Anita standing in front of the tour bus in SanFran...
 look at us...40 years ago...and we were on our honeymoon....with 65 hot rodders...crikey!!
 the gang at Tulsa , under the giant oilman statue..
 another group shot, in front of the aussie tub..did Bowman take that over there?
 still got the entry ticket...ah..memories, of the start of my many trips to USA
Thanks, USA, for creating the vehicles, for the "Car culture" that exists, that keeps us old boys young...

DONT FORGET TO CLICK ON THE PHOTOS< SOME< NOT ALL< ARE IN A FORMAT THAT WILL ENLARGE..

No comments:

Post a Comment