Monday 5 December 2016

borrowed these from darryl....memory lane...

 Some great Roadstars pieces that D.K. found tucked away in a drawer...
 Darryls letter back from Roadstars..signed by Jim Dragona..Jim has started coming along to my coffee mornings
 #1 and #2..iconic Qld cars, that still exist today...love the history!
 wow..I was just talking to Leon Birss at my last Boys Day Out, as to when he came to Qld from Vic...and looks like around this time....even his roadster still exists in Brisbane somewhere...he would love to find it and buy it back...
 Drag Racing at Surfers...was so much atmosphere...pity the strip went to housing..
 looky here...my 5 minutes of fame...I was the "Timing Controller"...woo-hoo..that sounds very important!!..and like the REDGUM lyrics.."I was only 19"..
 wow again..I had forgotten about this programme...it's very fragile, so I didn't want to try to copy too much out of it...
 Ha!..Now I'm 23..I'd moved on from timing controller to ASRF Qld D.C. Secretary...more 5 minutes of fame..lol
 by 1977, our little books were the bible on how to organise a rod run, what to do to your car, how the judges award points...riveting reading..
They even had the 'friends" list going way back then...check out all the names of the guys still active in rodding..once bitten by the bug, it's hard to shake it off, hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment