Thursday 15 December 2016

"Oh what a wonderful day it was, the day we went to Bribie"

 Always know it will be a big day when we go northside..and today was no exception...the BP Servo started packing the spots early with a great mix of early and late model cars....
I thought luck was with me today..walking back with my coffee, I get pooped on by a bird...that's good luck, isn't it?......well, I lead off to the pub..get to the turnoff, and blow the top radiator hose off!..dang...thanks to Bob n Steph for helping us out with the water..only made us 15 minutes late...like the old race car days, getting ready for another round...but what i like about these days..I might organise them, but they can run without me..everyone knows what to do..how to get there..where to park..and thanks to Graham Cowan for arranging the parking inside on the grass!
 Good spot for the photo-takers..weather was perfect...hovered between 29-32-33 degrees..Henry would be pleased..

 The OYSTER SHED is separate from the main pub, and being on the water, kept us all cool....food was great, drinks ice cold, plenty of people, nearly 100, so great company, which is the main reason I do these days
 Briggsy..my water boy...thanks...(will have to tighten that clamp more betterer next time!)
 lots of reitirees..and a few RDO takers today..
 Brians 64...keepin' the blue tubs separated..
 all the backround setup is for a huge show on at the pub this weekend..







 It really is a top venue...worth going anytime..but it gets packed on a weekend....Hi Robyn..xx
 high tide, gentle breeze, kept those Summer temps at bay..
 we took up just about every bit of shade, inside and out..

 convenient stand helped with the photo taking..

now..home..and all the Cosco shopping on the way home unloaded....and I was thinking about some questions put to me about the 2017 dates....and I admit, I get a lot wrong, and will fix them if I have time...so...it seems in my haste to get the lunch venues sorted, and cut back from 7 to 6 next year, that I dropped one of the northside venues...
so remark your calendars, and I will send out a modified listing in the new year, but APRIL 27 when I proposed going to KALBAR..scrap that...on that day, we will head nth. to Beerwah...so that makes Feb16  Harrigans,. Apr 27 Beerwah,. Jun 28 Lowood,. Aug 24, Greenfrog,..Oct 26 Fernvale,. and Dec 14 Sandstone...or South-North-West.South-West-North...keeps everyone happy😅

No comments:

Post a Comment