Monday 12 November 2018

Just a few pics from YAMBA 2018

Let me just say a few thoughts of my own..I love this run...been going for 25 years now, and watched it grow from about 50 cars in the 1990s, to the 500+ that turned up this year!!...The park is way over capacity for this many, and parking and cruising was worse than ever...needs to be a trailer storage somewhere other than leaving them on the roads...but also the number of entrants...I get torn between seeing a new group of (mainly) younger people turn up in their street type cars, and that is encouraging..but..I think the whole idea of a "Yamba Rod Run" is to cater for more early cars, and if it was me..I would stop the year for entry either by the ASRF rulebook..or maybe just try a 1969 or earlier cutoff..we don't really need to see more Commodores, more HQ-HZ Holdens or Toranas...their are plenty of events on any weekend for these...the streets were packed...a nice figure would be around 400 entrants I think...

 The other part that always confuses me is the voting...now, I might be biased, but there were some exceptional black cars there this year, and I expected at least one of the above A models, and quite a few more other makes to be in the Top 10..once again, I think it comes down to numbers..the number of great cars to choose from...but also, if you have enough friends, they'll vote you into an award....
still, I guess that is still 'Top Ten Pick"....


 father and son steel 5 window Deuces..Townsends are in town!
 these barriers in the side street had to go to make way for another 20 or more cars up the hill


 Gav and I thought we had the perfect spot to leave via the hill...wrong..we got boxed in!


























































so...another week gone at Yamba..always good fun, lots of friends, and Borderline Club, you do a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment