Monday 26 November 2018

Posting # 950..only 50 more to go!

 Still can't believe the stats when I see them...so many views over the years...
and where they come from...really...Italy..Russia??...anyway, all coming to an end soon, I had thought all this year about dropping the blog, but thought I would just stick it out until 1000..that should last me until mid 2019 some time!!
 more from Berts..Colorado.





 more from Bob Owens Salvage, Texas







 more from Boo-Rays car show..



 for my friends that came on my honeymoon back in 1976..here's the Cal-Neva lodge we all stayed in, at Lake Tahoe..been vacant for years, but a google search shows someone just bought the place for 36 million!!!

 Les W told me not to miss the Winchester House in San Jose area...well worth the trip..
 Remember a few blogs back, I mentioned a sign depicting "Reno Air Races", well it was on, and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to see and hear those P51s flying around the pylons....
 what a day...and it went for 7..but I just had one..paid the pit entry as well, so you get right up close to these awesome airplanes..many different classes..some faster than others, but nothing like the sound of a P51!




 I did ask....$1990 will get you in the air for an hour or so...




 grandstands..big screens..thousands of spectators, and perfect weather..
 this was great to watch...prop engine for the trick flying, but a jet strapped underneath that kicked in for the climbs...I can't upload my videos on here for some reason..maybe there's a Youtube video you can watch this thing...unusual noise going from the prop to the jet..
Ok...still more to go from this trip..found some more pics from California and will blog it later..

No comments:

Post a Comment