Saturday 22 November 2014

my week.....home from Yamba, and back into it!

 Today was nana Dunns 95th birthday...hope we're all as good as she is when we get up in the 70s/80s/90s....
 Both Thomsen and Dunn families were there, so couldn't resist trying to grab a similar pic to the one taken with the race car, about 25 years ago...
Nah...we haven't changed at all !!!
 
 
Here's the deuce parts we purchased..
 really nice firewall and lots of trinkets
 the Windsor parts didn't come with it, so they are still available for sale....
 wait 'till I get more pics from  when this car was first found...late 60s
 wish I'd kept more of my old flattie parts...at least I have a gearbox now..
 Frame is as found, just lifted the cut down roadster body off it!
 more bits..
 some Model A bits I purchased as well..
 I don't even want to clean it....love all the dirt and patina ...not for everyone!!
 Umm...I might treat it to a dropped x member front and rear though...
 And I'll try to run the 4cyl first, before I fit the early 21 stud flat motor
 some nice fenders with just enough tweaks and patina to make them "spot on"
 Heaven....I'm in heaven.....as the song goes...
 doors are nice...I just need to find a cowl to swing 'em off...
 I'll be on the scrounge...need any original 32 parts you have hiding away.....hinges..handles...roadster flanks,...roadster windshield frame   .lol
 here's why I need flanks...she's cut a midship!!
 crikey...I just got rid of two old factory carbs about 5 months back...now I need one....*Note to self.....don't sell anything...anymore, because you will need it one day!
 so, thanks to Bill for letting me purchase this gem, it's now safely tucked away in the shed..B.I.Law. Col has offered to come around and see if we can fire the banger..
 This would have to be the mint'st firewall I've ever had.....it's damn near perfect!
 even has the factory insulation....I will have to look after this...I picked it up incorrectly and broke a 2" strip off the fragile material..I'd better bolt it back on the frame......*please let me know if you have any parts that I can purchase to get this back together...may as well make it up again as a roadster.....but....if you have anything closed cab......try me,      greg@comstar.com.au 04 37 32 31 33.
 don't forget..coffee tomorrow, Sun 23rd Nov at Victoria Point, Mid week run next Thursday, 27th Nov, to Ricks Café...meet at BP Caboolture at 10am, and then last coffee for the year at Vicky Point again, on Dec 7.............also, if any locals want to do a charity mini show thingo, the retirement home called Marabella at Vicky Point want us to bring some cars to show off on the 13th or 14th of Dec...I will find out exact details/times, and put it in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment