Thursday 27 November 2014

this week......nothing much happened...except the mid week run!

 So...today we took a drive up to Palmwoods to Ricks Garage......nice easy run up the hwy, and thought we might get arty-farty with the passing trucks hubcaps.......looks like I have to go to photography school more....but speaking of skils....and I possess very few....I found the link to doing the Hitler captioned videos on Youtube....had fun with the first....and when John Davies and I had our usual chuckle about which club was 2nd...I said I would do one on that subject...all in good fun, hope it brings a laugh to you guys old enough to remember the 60s....i'll put it up here next..
 I don't remember ever going to Palmwoods...nice quiet town tucked away from the Hwy....we took the Nambour connection Road, and I was surprised to see 'Pineapple World", or whatever it was called...I had forgotten all about that place...looks like it deserted now since the hwy by-passed it.......shame..
 Bruce Young was already powere parked...seeing as he lived close by....
 The owners had given us the best parking spots, and on such a hot day, the drinks and shade/air con was very welcoming...as usual, we managed to have perfect weather...just a tad hot with the afternoon storm that were predicted..
 Two convertibles ran up there with their tops down....but they were up for the trip home...the sun was fierce!
All in all, a great day......however...hope you all went straight home...I had to pick bits up at Beerwah, then decided I may as well go check out Cosco....well, 2 hours later, we're coming home into one of Brisbnae first wild storm for the season......and my first experience of driving thru a hailstorm in the Tudor...thank goodness it was only pea size , and 5 minutes worth.......no damage that I can see to the 32.........but the rest of Brissy copped it a bit...hope all out there got thru it ok.....(this file pic from the Courier mail shows how black n green it looked...just like this.........ugly!












 Later in December, on Sat 13th, I have been asked could we turn up with about 6 to 8 cars at the local Victoria Point Retirement Village.....just a bit of an idea the staff thought might interest those retirees...more details later, but from about 10 am to 1 pm...let me know if your interested, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment