Saturday 27 September 2014

Random Saturday arvo mish-mash

 Summers on it's way.....the thunderstorms are starting to roll in, only about twelve weeks to Xmas, and we'll all be lazing in the pool...
 Reminder about my coffee mornings..next one is the 12th October..but have to cancel the Nov 2nd, as it clashes with QHRP Rocklea hot rod swap...and we all want to be there probably...there's a mid week run on this month as well.
 My magazine collecting ha taken a boost lately, with about 50 more that I was missing.....I have lots of doubles now if anyone needs any particular issues..
 Random Vicky shot...think I did this before, but it's so cool!
 By the way..I need to find more of these mags if you have any spare...I'm trying to collect all the early aussie ones...but some early US ones would be ok as well.
 Found this in my old back-up file....a deuce on the wharf, when Pearl Harbour was bombed.
 Reminder for locals...if anyone from any other clubs wants to come along and help celebrate Rods Inc.s 50th Anniversary, better see George Higgins asap...it's on the 18th October...should be a good night to catch up with all the oldies...
 Mid week run this month is to Rathdowney pub...more on this later, but it is the 23rd, in case you intend coming along.
 This just hit the internet today....roadster driver crashed on the freeway near Burbank, California...he was thrown out..no seat belts...inhospital critical...thoughts and prayers go out to the driver.......
 Happened in early hours of the morning, and two cars ran into the wreck..
 speechless...sad...

 Looks like a broken front axle...must've hit hard..
 so...not much work on the 32 of late...been busy with the grandkids, and summer mowing chores have started....with 3 acres to mow, I have to put a day aside for it...
 and I got the grandies new cubby up, can't believe how busy a fella can get in his life.....and speaking of that.....and about time getting away.......this week marks 9 years since I sold the business and retired.....amazing where the time has gone.....I know what has gone...the bankbook is a bit empty now....lucky I can get a pension next year...lol.
Ok...I have done some work on the 32....went  to the shops and bought this U-weld xmember kit...ha...nuttin' too it, me thinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment