Tuesday 23 September 2014

"They say it's your birthday...well happy birthday to you"..or so the song goes...

 So...Nita says, what do you want for your birthday/what do youwant to do?....
Otis replies.."I wanna go look at Deuces.....and you can get me some Deuce parts too, please!"...............so first stop was a drive up the sunny coast to have lunch with Carpop, and look over his latest projects......here's the frame for the 3w I mentioned a few months back.......all assembled, getting closer...
 Wiring is being fitted, but things to see here is the Lilow rails, with the extra kickup above the axle, now that's how to get it low without cutting the "C"
 For an X member, I will use a similar design in my frame, as this simple but strong 50 x 25 rhs design to me still looks better than adding round tubing to a rectangular outer rails....but, that's my preference...besides, it's very easy and quick to do.
 I will go with the triangulated 4 bar as well, as the coupe I am building is just a project to finish and sell off.......
 Holden boxes fit easy with a Windsor..no Chev fuel pump to get in the way!!
 Darryls new project is coming along slowly..but lots being collected and finished ready for the install...this will be a traditional old timey look, flathead powered
 Quick change..A xmember..split 36 rods, etc.
 always fascinates me with different designs...here is a modified K member to accept the 5 speed trans, and the neat design of the additional x member channels, and the front and rear radius rod mounts
 east to get to cylinders for brake n clutch.......
 and pedal assembly like original Ford design......this is looking so good!
 and here's the body.....a brand new UPI 5 window...these bodies are so nice!!
 um...forgot these....notice how the small quick change just clears the fuel tank...no need for a big notch with some of the others you see fitted...
 stepped rear x member, lilow frame, 5" axle...this car will sit just right!
 Back to Darryl...here's his flatmotor just about finished.....love the intake..
 Thicksun..Edmunds...got all the good names happening...
 So after lunch with the Kuhnemanns, we set off up the big hill to Maleny to visit the Robinsons......had to have my fix of another steel deuce.......this is some more shots of the one I posted on here last week.....this is a recent USA import..
 another unusual 32 K member...is this bracket original?
 Nice drip rails, for an 82 year old..........I would love to have a body like this to start from......sure it needs a few tweaks, but you have to expect that...
 Nice flattie has all the period correct parts...stop it....I love this thing...
 It still has the water channel under the parcel tray ...first time I've seen one this good!
 Now..is this right...all the repro taillight stalks have the lights leaning a bit like this RH side, but this is the 2nd 32 I've noticed where the LH one sits up straighter......
 And....this is the first time I've seen steel buckets on the back of the headlites...is that something else I'm missing....I must have been away from school the day they were teaching about this...I thought all 32s had s.s. headlight buckets....
 So....this is why I get side tracked...I was out walking and they were demolishing a house...."What are ya doing with the old cubby", was the cry from the demented grandfather....Lucky I took a photo of it before I chainsawed it outa the ground..now to figure out how it goes up at our place.....Yeah!!...more work, to keep the grandies happy.........but I love it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment