Thursday 18 September 2014

So.....Next update, in the building of the coupe......ten cutoff wheels and flap discs later....

 The internet was very helful to a certain extent...if you "google" a subject, no doubt someone will put the answers up there..I will try to do the same on my blog..
 hopefully, with measurments you can read and print off.......
 So..in the start....I cleaned off my JW rails that had been hidden away for years....
 Made sure there were no critters around the shop to scare me while I'm working....
 Decided on a plan...this will be SoCal hairpin front, and triangulated rear/coilovers..
 More ideas off the web...jigs...x members...
 and more....
 check this TCI jig for welding in the boxing plates before you assemble in the jig!
 TAC Qld rules require bracing if the frame is "C'd"..I'm using flat steel on the inside before I box 'em, stich welded , and welded holes...
 as well, I will make a vertical internal rib...and I have to make plates to accept threads
 for runnunig boards, fenders, fender braces, hood latches, body bolts..gotta think ahead..and hope you don't forget any..
 I have the use of the stock frame, so measuring aint a problem....
 internal brace is on....now to box the rails..
 As you know, I borrowed a jig, and ensured the stock frame fitted, levels, centrelines, it all takes time to get it done right........well, as right as I can do with limited facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment