Sunday 19 March 2017

my ramblings...some pics from others...and new ideas..

 Last weekend, when all those cool car events were on...that I didn't go to any...I had a family day at Dreamworld/WhiteWater World..now, it was great, with the grandkids, and riding those huge waterslides...but not having been there in 12 years, I didn't realise how much it has changed...well worth the efforet to go along..can't wait until next time...but...
 I didn't know they had a Brock Tribute display..how great is this...and who owns all these..no charge, just part of the entry fee....[and speaking of that..I don't understand park sales...my 6 year old grandson was going to be $60 or so dollars to get in for the day, but they say, why don't you buy an unlimited entry now to Dec pass for $45..??




so, we had a great day there instead of Toowoomba rod run....can't do everything..

 some pics I saved from a facebook friend..these are from Chromefest..and some NZ ones down further








 the NZ car scene is very good, seems to me they have a higher rate of participants/events per capita from all the stories I see from over there..
 Now, our Texas reporter, Les Winter spent the day at the Goodguys event, Texas Motor Speedway..
enjoy his pics of all the variety you get in USA..





















Now...this gets me going...I love this current trend in almost stockers, with a bit of Hot Rod added....which got me thinking about things I can do in this blog...
 for example..I'm always getting "parts for sale" photos and text, and I don't want that to stop, I welcome it to add to this blog, but I thought, why not flip it occasionally, and if you are LOOKING for a particular part, send the pic/description, name and contact, and I can include it...like this..

"Have a 32 roadster project, but looking for a pair of rear quarters..ph greg on 0437323133."
or like this.."Have this side tailight stand for a 36 Ford, but I need the other RH side one..contact blah blah blah on 0412345678910"...something like this might help you find the part you need..give it a try..
and I did say I would start sharing some business addresses/contacts that may come in handy..I always get asked who does what locally in SE Qld and beyond, so copy these down, it may help..I will try to remember to post a few on each future blog..

reminder..big wet this week, but show goes on..Mid Week Run this coming Wednesday 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment