Tuesday 28 March 2017

remembering 10 years ago..the Deuce 75th run in Dearborn

 now, you have to remember that this Ford sponsored event back in August 2007, was a celebration of 75 years since the flathead V8 was introduced, as well as celebration of the one and only, all time iconic hot rod..the deuce...so in these pics from my camera, you can get a bit of an overview of how that weekend went down...Friday was the usual gathering of the early arrivals in the host hotel carpark...Friday night was a get-together dinner, where we 4, Darryl, Dianne, Anita and I were recognised for coming to the event from Australia..[but i'm sure there were others from just as far, and different countries]...Saturday and Sunday were taken up with more shows, visits to the Ford headquarters, visits to Dearborn Vilage and museum, visits to Henry Fords home on the lake..all this included if you were an entrant....it was a very good weekend, and I was surprised that so little people attended, considering the weekend before, and two states drive, was the Street Rod Nats..still, smaller crowds made it all the more pleasureable for those attending...I will add text to some of these pics, but most were just "point and click"...enjoy!


 now, you have to remember that I was just finishing my tudor in '07, so this one caught my eye..



 old stocker was Dick Spadaros, from memory...rip Dick..

 these were for you, malcolm...note to Mal..don't sell your convert..build it!!
 i'm not a fan of those wheels...but...that's what makes us all...um..different..

 my memory, and my eyes are failing..but I think this was an all riveted chassis.

 Brookville...we owe a lot to that dedicated team, and their forward vision for steel bodies..
 cant remember why I took this..
 icon of hot rods...the deuce highboy..

 biggest talk of the event was overhearing the punters getting their head around this..the arguments on if it was gennie or repro...lots of interest..


 the 4 door that got everyone interested in them again...but the body mods on this were radical
 not much for sale....but all these bits were desireable



 one of the most popular, most photographed cars of the weekend..


 late hemi..



 smile, darryl..

 2 by works in progress, methinks..

 check that straight panel..reflect on it for a while...

 next most photo'd car was this lol, low 3 winda










 how low?...
 this low!..damn!








 gennie Ford all alloy flattie from the 40s










 remember..I was doing injection on mine, and it was the early, higher, TPI style...when I saw this Ramjet style, couldn't resist a pic..
 I often take pics to download later, and study how others build their cars....always learning..





 yep..one of my favourites..

so..there you go...now, I will be out of action for a little while, so you won't see any more blogs until after Easter...and then it all starts again...I guess my Texas scribe will send pics from the Lone Star Roundup, and then we will also have our own Bendigo Street Rod Nats...in the weeks between, take a look back thru the almost 800 blogs I have done, or just look up others like "The Hamb", via Jalopy Journal, www.pewsplace.com, "The Ford Barn",
 ..whoops..just found a few more...here's a quickie
 and a panel..
 and Dearborn Village
 and a ride in a T..
 terrific grounds, and paid employees recreating scenes as if it was 100 years ago...well worth the trip here next time you are in Detroit..
 and...the museum is awesome..lots on display..



No comments:

Post a Comment