Monday 10 August 2015

Guess you're waiting for a new posting..

 I must admit....I struggle some days to add content to the blog...if I use my own camera, I can download and publish in about 10 to 15 minutes....but if I have to download pics from other sites...save..reprint...sometimes it takes me hours...so....bear with me...I will get to the blog eventually.....
..Thought I would click some pics from home...here is my new Eastwood brake flare device...
 very easy to use..just select the size die for the tubing..........
 swing-over clamp locks it in place...flat stop sets the length...
 Use operation1 for the first 45 degree flare, and operation 2 for the 2nd double flare...
 just have to pull the handle to the stop each time..easy-peasy..
 and...hello....double flare done in no time!...well worth the $250+ US if you like doing jobs like this at home......(disregard the safety boots in this shot!!)
 a few bends, a few line clamps, and the lines will be done soon..
 bought a mess of 90 degree 2 1/4" bends and started hacking/tacking/welding as best I can do for a busted ass retiree...looks like it will work..made a rather overkill rear tailpipe mount from some old insulators I had...and I will change out that dummy tailshaft I made from a bit of water pipe......
 drilling for the linre clamps is somewhat easier with my $80 ebay USA purchase of a new 90 degree drill..also clicks around to about 120/150/180 degrees..very handy.....but remember..it is 110volt US...so needed something to charge it...
 another easy job...googled 110v to 240v adapters, and found this from a company in Sth Aust called "Wallcan"..think it was $30 from memory, plus freight....
 now no trouble charging up any of my 110v, or for any other US product...good deal!
 coupla random shots of my last US trip purchases....more dropped axles...more springs..cant resist buying the stuff..
 pulleys...I must now have about 20 sets of early SB chev..gradually selling them off on e bay, along with lots of excess stock I have.
 way..way too much stock....all will eventually get used or go...
 Reminder...coffee morning this coming Sunday, Aug 16...Lakeside Victoria Point.
 need a dual remote oil filter setup?...on e bay now...
 likewise, this Torana uni and flex joint...
 old 16" sprint car wheel already has a bid on it...so be quick if you need it!
 triple pulley for a sb Chev...handy if you need to run alt/air/pwr..
 winter means..snakes are creeping around my house....love these big Carpet Snakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment