Monday 10 August 2015

some neat old pics in the old Hot Rod Magazine..and some other pics I found..

Just wanted to see how it came out...might add some more..
 some of you will remember this old Model A we found near Lismore back in the 60s...wonder what happened to it?
 What were they thinking...
 some 35/36 parts that ended up being Malcolm cases...way back when ...
 A pic of Ray Lymberrys 32 roadster...I always heard it had gone to Mt Isa in the 70s...well, a guy contacted me last week to confirm he owned it at one stage up there (and he's coming to the coffee morning this Sunday).....wonder where it ever got to?...
 I like my caravaning...but this would have been fun in it's day..
 This was the old Bob Hilton deuce sedan....think Ken Brown owned it , and I thought I had it at one stage...but that was 40+ years ago...where is this now?
 
 
Here's another pic from HRM..July 1963.
 Luckily, I grew up in an era of the old front engine dragsters..the rubber they burnt was great..the era of those early "super-car" engines....means nothing in HP these days..but back then...wow!...and the show cars..dripping with chrome!!
 Americans certainly hade the flare for good looking cars..boats..hot rods..and these 1960s books are filled with the "imaginative engineering"..twin engine boats, Allison engine boats, Indy car innovations when the V8 beat out the Offys,
And the cars...so cool...love to see the unusual powerplants used, not just belly button Chevies..and thankfully, not a rat rod in sight!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment